Below are a handful of resources which every traveler should be aware of. This is sort of the travelers bag full of tricks, if you will. If you have a travel service, product, or blog you’d like to promote, shoot me an email and we will see if it can benefit everybody!
- Cool Works — To find the coolest seasonal/part-time jobs in all parts of the USA
- Fly4Free — Take advantage of ridiculously cheap flights! Must have flexible travel attitude.
- Secret Flying — Another good site for error fare flights, just as above.
- Carbon Footprint — Offset your carbon footprint during your travels with this ingenious tool.
- omio — For the cheapest transportation all over Europe (available on Apple Store, Google Play, and online website)
- PalFish — Earn some money while you travel by having English conversation partners with people willing to pay you.
- iPlum — A great way to stay in touch while abroad, get an American phone number for cheap!
- Couchsurfing — Stay the night with locals for free!
- maps.me — A great offline maps app for those without data service abroad.
- Hostelworld — The King of hostel bookings.
- Duolingo — Learn the local language quickly.
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Summer of ’92 by Adam J. Cheshier (That’s me!)
- Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac
- The Old Patagonian Express by Paul Theroux
- The Voluntourist by Ken Budd
- Big Sur by Jack Kerouac
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson