Wanderway Travel Resources
This is a page on my travel information site full of travel resources. I have compiled these resources over the years because I have found them useful in my own travels. Hopefully, you can see to it that you can use some of these best travel apps for Europe, travel information sites, and best books for travel to inspire yourself and get you on the road quicker, cheaper, and longer.
Best Travel Apps For Europe
- Travel Blog Success – This is the online course in which I took way back several years ago to get me going in the industry and I still take advantage of the lifetime access to this day! Filled with excellent, step-by-step information to get you started on your dream career!
- GoEuro — Absolutely the best app you can have on a European backpacking adventure in order to make sure you are taking the cheapest transportation available (Hint: It is almost never by Interrail)!
- Maps.me — Save your wallet and stop using data while abroad. It’s not as difficult as you think to navigate a city without data, especially with offline maps like this.
- PalFish Tutor — If you are sufficient in English, apply to be a language teacher through this app and work anywhere in the world without any certification. It really pays off!
- Hostelworld — Ensure that you have somewhere to sleep at night with this app. It becomes as easy as a click of a button (Hint: it’s usually cheaper to book on this app rather than at the hostel anyway).
- Airbnb — I usually stay in hostels, but in some cities, it’s worth noting that you can find entire flats or private rooms for the same price as a stay in a hostel.
- Whatsapp — Again, save on expensive overseas cell phone bills with this great online communication app. Call, text, video chat, send pictures/videos, send recorded voice messages — this app has it all! Use WiFi! (Bonus: this app is the only app I’ve found that doesn’t decrease the quality of photos or videos sent!)
- VSCO — This is the best photo editing app I’ve come across. Make your photos flashy before you show off to friends and family back home!
Travel Information Sites
Although a competitive field, I have to admit that I would not be near as inspired as I am today if it wasn’t for other bloggers in my industry. I owe all of my travel inspiration to other bloggers and photographers for their travel information sites. It is the tight-knit community that keeps us all going and I think it is important to remember that. Here is a list of a few of the best travel blogs in the world that I have been inspired by and recommend checking out:
- Hecktic Travels
- Wildflower Travel
- Beyond Babeesh
- A Tea with 10,000 People
- Wandering Earl
- Never Ending Footsteps
- The Active Life
Best Books for Travel
Reading has become a wonderful past-time on my travels. My favorite time to open a book is when I’m solo-traveling on my own. There are good travel stories, and then there are great travel stories. Here’s a list of the best travel books to build your inspiration!
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Big Sur by Jack Kerouac
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Blue Highways: A Journey into America by William Least Heat-Moon
- Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy by Frances Mayes